See our response to Covid 19 and how we can help your business. Read More
Google My What?
Google My Business replaced Google Places as the one-stop-shop for Google’s suite of business platforms. That means your My Business page is a big deal, SEO-wise. Optimise it correctly, and you’ll earn vital local SEO kudos. It will (literally) put you on the map for prospective customers. So don’t take any chances. Take the advice of our SEO experts in Perth.
Optimising your My Business page will help you:
Increase the visibility of your business in search results. Add contact information, opening times and directions so your customers can get in touch.
Put your business on the map. Enable people to find your business and get directions (bearing in mind that Google gives businesses proximity priority in search results).
Make an impact with Google+. Like Facebook, but with a more business focus, Google+ can help you build a loyal and engaged customer base, giving your customers a platform for sharing their positive experience by rating and reviewing your business.
Does local SEO and My Business optimisation really work?
It certainly does. Consider these search scenarios.
Say someone is looking for a great coffee shop to visit. They may only look in a radius of a few kilometres. OK, in the case of a seriously dedicated coffee tragic, they might drive across town for the perfect doppio, but otherwise they’re searching locally.
Then there’s someone else looking for a company to service their washing machine. They’re probably open to looking a little further afield, perhaps anywhere in the same city.
In both scenarios, an optimised My Business page is a free and effective way to reach both searchers. If you aren’t listed, these prospective customers will find an alternative.
What factors influence your My Business search ranking?
There are a bunch of factors that impact on your Google ranking. Here, our SEO experts have highlighted the most important ones:
- Website reputation. A great website experience = a better ranking with Google. Your My Business ranking is boosted if your website has a high quality and reputation score.
- Proximity. Google will consider your businesses proximity to the search being undertaken when displaying the listing results.
- Completeness. Create a My Business page that is accurate and complete and tells the full story. Add images, video, trading hours or parking information.
- Reviews. Positive and authentic customer reviews on your My Business page will significantly contribute to your ranking.
- Citations (other directory listings). An important step in SEO. Google uses other directory listings to assess your site’s quality – they’re sticklers for consistency, so it’s critical that every reference to your business name, address and phone number (often called NAP) is identical.
Got a question about My Business? Ask our SEO experts
There’s a lot to get on top of when it comes to search engine optimisation. But you really can’t afford to ignore local SEO – you need to optimise your My Business page and optimise for Google Maps. So don’t get overwhelmed. Get in touch with our SEO experts in Perth and make sure you can be found.